Sunday, October 26, 2003

I see today in the paper that there are some tremendeous fires in California and some people are losing there homes. I have great sympathy for these people and what they are going through.

I had a large fire on part of my ranch this year and a special fire fighting team from California was brought in to fight it. It was just a managment team and they were the most stupid, incompentent bunch of people that it has ever been my lot to meet. The local people that were fighting the fire were managing barely to hold the fire and it was no more than 4000 acres but there recources were getting streched very thin. When the California Clods came in the fire BLEW UP and before mother nature (not the firefighters) put it out it burned over 30,000 acres.

If this is the Quality of people managing the fires in California now I have sympathy for the landowners because it will be a long time before the fires are out.