Friday, November 21, 2003

Billy the Kid

To me this illustrates government at its finest(worst). The New Mexico Governor has announced that they are going to reopen the case of Billy the Kid and have even got him representation of a lawyer. Now I do not know much about the pressing issues in the New Mexico but I am sure the Governor has much more important things to do with his time than to run an investigation and decide wether he needs to pardon Billy the Kid. I would like to know why our elected government officials decide that these kinds of useless things need time wasted on them. Personally I put the whole Billy the Kid thing in the category of “who gives a s**t.”

There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)