Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Start Feeding

Well I have started feeding hay to the calves, yearlings and bulls since they don’t have much grass left in the pastures that they are in. I noticed while I got them in that the calves looked like they could use the extra groceries. The calves are the only bunch I plan on full feeding. The other bunches I am giving some extra to but not enough to satisfy them. They can graze for the extra they need.

I am being mean to the cows though. All I am doing is giving them a protein supplement and letting them graze for there roughage. They are in a pasture that hasn’t had anything on it all year so there is enough feed in there for awhile. I will probable start feeding the cows after Christmas if we don’t get a bad snow storm before then. Why spend extra money when you don’t have too?

Make money your god and it will plague you like the devil.
Henry Fielding (1707 - 1754)