Thursday, October 30, 2003

Well the first snow and really cold weather of the season has finally arrived today. Some people see this event an ending. The end of the growing season, the end of the good weather, the end of all the outdoor warm weather fun. Other people see it as a beginning. A begining of a new cycle of seasons, the begining of a moisture year, the begining of all the outdoor cold weather fun.

For myself I see it neither as a begining or an end. I see it as a continuation of the cycle of nature. From warm to cold then cold to warm. It happens year after year as God intended and we should be thankful that we are here to experience it. It might be cold, cloudy, and snowy today but another day in the future will be sunny and bright and something to look foward to.

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.
Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885)